Friday, December 9, 2011

Retro 40s Style

I achieved this style by doing a Bantu-knot out on damp hair. I washed my hair Friday night (today is Wednesday) and wore this style Saturday and Sunday, with many compliments. Monday and Tuesday I wore a low bun and re-twisted Tuesday night. So, here's how I did it. I spritzed larger sections of hair (about three finger widths)  with my concoction of water, conditioner (Tresemme Naturals) and olive oil. Then I took a dab of Royal Crown (my new friend with whom I have a love/hate relationship) and rubbed it into the section. Next, I twisted the section and made a Bantu-knot and repeated this all over my head, put on my bonnet and went to sleep. In the morning I released the knots, untwisted and stretched, smoothed and fussed until it was the way that I wanted.  I used only my hands to preserve the uniformity of the waves/curls. I then pinned the longer sections under because I wanted it to look like a shorter cut, and voila!




No comments: