Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm back (kinda) with a TJ's Tea Tree Tingle Review and Hair Update

I'm such a horrible and inconsistent blogger. I haven't posted a thing about my natural hair in ages. Mostly because of life and all its issues, but partly because I don't think anyone reads my blog :-(. But enough with the pity party, on to my latest natural hair venture.



I finally bought Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo and Conditioner! In a nutshell, I LOVE the conditioner. The shampoo is pretty good too, but it is imperative to use the conditioner directly after washing.  Personally, I didn't like the way my hair felt after shampooing. It was clean for sure and wasn't quite stripped, but it definitely didn't feel soft. I had been co-washing, but after a while of that, I feel the need for a really good shampoo. I will likely stick with the shampoo for the rest of the summer because it smells great and cleans my scalp well. The conditioner on the other hand will be my go to until my hair says otherwise. It has sooo much slip and the ingredients are way better than most mainstream conditioners out there.  This is really the first rinse out conditioner that I have found that has amazing detangling properties as well as natural ingredients AND is under $5. I love that.

On another note, since I weaned my 18 month old daughter, my hair has been acting super strange.  I think it must be hormonal, but I never experienced this with my oldest daughter.  Overall my hair still seems pretty healthy, but the shedding is outrageous and it is definitely more fragile.  I try to do more protective styles but they take time that I really don't have.  It took me 4 days to finish my last set of mini-twists!  I've tried the bun thing but after a while of that I noticed breakage along my hair line.  I really don't know what to do now and this is putting a dent in my goal of stretched APL hair by the end of the year.


Braid-out done on lightly blow dried hair.


Braided Twist-out done on damp hair.

So, looks relatively healthy right? But, deep down my hair is not being friendly right now.

2 comments:

Shelly G said...

Welcome back! There actually some of us that do read your blog. Well, when you post that is, LOL.

Did you cut your hair?

Kiki said...

Hey Shelly, thanks! I did cut about 2 inches off because my ends were so raggedy and full of knots. I really miss those 2 inches right now. I will definitely try to post more often, LOL!