Monday, October 8, 2012

Palmer's Coconut Oil Protein Pack Follow-Up

I'm back with the follow-up, and in less than 1 month, go figure! So, basically this stuff was great. Like I said in the previous post, my hair has been feeling dry, week and easily snapped. I saw the Palmers Coconut Oil Protein Pack in Target and decided to try it (at this point, I was ready to try anything). No, it's not a natural product (a few of my hair products are not), but it worked really well on my hair. Here is what I did:

1. Divided hair into four sections and put in loose braids.
2. Shampoo'ed each section with Garnier Pure Clean (I had a bunch of silicones in my hair from a heat protectant I used to flat iron about two weeks ago, and this shampoo does a great job at clarifying without stripping.
3. Rinsed, Rinsed and Rinsed some more (since my hair was in braids, I wanted to make sure I got all of the shampoo out).
4. Applied Protein Pack to each section, gently unraveling braids and smoothing it through, then rebraided.
5. Left the Protein Pack in for about 30 minutes and rinsed with cool water.
6. Followed up with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration on each section and gently finger detangled (there were minimal tangles because I started with relatively straight hair from flat ironing and kept the hair braided while shampooing and conditioning.
7. Poured a cold ACV Rinse (2 tbsp of ACV to 1 cup of cold filtered water) over entire head.
8. Wrapped hair in microfiber towel (I LOVE microfiber) for about 20 minutes.
9. Sealed with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Vitamin Shoppe brand).
10. Put in about 16 medium twists and allowed to air dry over night.

The following day my hair was so much softer and way less prone to snap. I was able to gently pull my fingers through without catching so many hairs and I hadn't been able to do that in a loooong time. Overall, I am extremely satisfied and will likely do this again next month. Unless, the Aubrey Organic's GPB conditioner works as well as I've heard. I'll always pick the natural product IF it gives my hair what it needs. Be on the look out for that review in the coming weeks.

Peace

No comments: