Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hair Update + 1st Youtube Video!

Hey guys! I know I haven't posted in a ridiculous amount of time - I'm sorry :-(. I just wanted to post on what has been going on with me and my hair over the last several months. I moved shortly after Thanksgiving so that, coupled with holidays, birthdays and life in general has really put my blog on the back-burner. I am truly planning to be more consistent this year and I've even made my first Youtube videos! Check out my channel, subscribe, say hey.

So lately, my hair has been growing pretty well but I still have rough ends, which is not allowing me to maximize my growth potential. My plan is to get some new hair scissors and do a search and destroy for all those bad ends and splits. I know I have a lot of them, so it may take a few days to get through my entire head.

I also ordered some Rhassoul clay and I'm planning to do a mud wash with it.  I'm anticipating great things because I've had a good experience with washing with Bentonite Clay. Let me take that back - my experience was okay. My hair felt great after the Bentonite Wash, but my scalp was a mess. I don't know if I didn't rinse the clay out completely or if I didn't cleanse my scalp well, but there was a lot of build up. I have read that once you begin a mud wash regimen you must give it time to 'detoxify' the hair and pull all that synthetic junk out. That being said, I'm gonna stick with it because I have a feeling that over time I will begin to see the benefits.

So, here is a picture of a flat twist-out I wore last week. This style is so quick and doesn't require a lot of "fluffing".  Be on the look out for a YouTube video of how I achieved this style in the coming weeks.



No comments: