Monday, April 15, 2013

Rhassoul Clay Mud Wash

Hey Guys!
I just posted a new Youtube video about how I mix and apply my mud hair wash using Rhassoul Clay.  I was so excited to get this stuff in the mail last week because I had been hearing such great things about it. Well, it does live up to the hype. It is a tad bit messy, but not nearly as messy as Henna, so that's a plus for me.

My quest to wash with mud all began when I learned that Naptural85 uses Terresentials Mud Wash on her hair. She is my hair obsession, and if she raves about it, it must be good. So, I went to the website to order and hit the brakes when I realized how much it would cost me to have it shipped. I figured there had to be a way to make it from scratch, did a google search and found a few recipes using bentonite clay and rhassoul clay to make a homemade version of Terresentials.  I started out with the bentonite clay because that's what I had on hand and the results were great, but I couldn't seem to rinse it completely out of my scalp. My hair felt fabulous - soft, easier to detangle, more defined curls - you know, stuff all of us naturals want for our hair.  But, there had to be a way for me to get my scalp fully clean and have super hair, so I researched Rhassoul Clay and found out that it is generally easier to rinse than Bentonite and has greater conditioning properties.

After I rinsed the Rhassoul Mud Wash, I totally found this to be true. Detangling was a breeze, hair was super soft and I noticed less breakage (this could also be due to my recent trim). I will definitely be doing this on a regular basis.

Check out the video to see my process and the ingredients I used!

Peace,
Kiki

No comments: